Join our team
Tebi is a one-stop shop for independent businesses in hospitality and retail. With the Tebi point of sale app and accounting platform, any merchant can smoothly run their operations, reducing time spent on administration chores while increasing visibility on their businesses.
We believe that local shops, restaurants and cafés drive communities. We are on a mission to empower them to continue doing so.
About the job
We are looking for a product designer that wants to make an impact on owner-operated businesses. As a Product Designer at Tebi, your responsibilities will cross the whole product development cycle:
- Your job is to understand the problem space, design thoughtful solutions that enable our merchants, and impact our business objectives.
- You’ll be designing easy-to-use and visually appealing products for our merchants. We are building a point of sale (POS) app, powered by powerful Accounting and Inventory platform.
- You’ll design prototypes, user flows, and high fidelity designs for various features. As a startup, you’ll have the responsibility and freedom to do tasks that sometimes may be outside of your skillset and profile.
- You’ll design a useful, impactful and delightful product experience that solves the right problems for our merchants.
- You’ll work closely with every team member to form a clear vision of our merchant needs and find the right opportunities for the product.
- You’ll have the opportunity to craft your own role and progress in it while being supported by our experienced team.
- Our stack: Figma, Linear, Slack and Google Drive
- You have shaped and shipped digital products, preferably with a focus on mobile app experiences. You feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and you are agile in changing priorities.
- You love the entire design process, from user research to formulating solutions, sketching, prototyping and crafting detailed interfaces.
- You are good at championing user needs. You enjoy engaging with the user and understand the importance of data and insights for your designs.
- You are product-driven. You understand the overarching business goals and seek to identify and address opportunities in the product.
- You can communicate and articulate design decisions effectively.
- You are eager to share your ideas, thoughts and sketches at an early stage so as to keep the team involved.
- You feel comfortable working in a small team without complete documentation or well-defined guidelines. You know how to find the information you need and get your question answered.
- You are a nice human being 🙂
- Competitive salary and a generous stock option plan
- 25 days of annual leave based on full-time (100%) employment
- Possibility of a part-time (80%) working week
- Travel reimbursement
What to expect from our hiring process?
- Application. Apply with your resume a portfolio of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you are looking for in your next role.
- Intro call (30’). A short video call with one team member to get to know each other better, discover more about the position and ask questions.
- Portfolio presentation (1h). We’ll ask you to present two projects you are proud of and showcase your experience to a panel of people.
- Meet the team. Some online or offline chats with different people from the team to get to know them and ask questions.
- Offer. The time to go through the details!
- Welcome to the team. Let the work begin!
No recruitment solicitations, please.
No visa sponsorship, sorry.
Do you want to join our team as our new Product Designer? We would love to hear from you! Send Greta a message at email@example.com, with your application as described above. Talk soon!